U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Levels of Power

Go down 
+7
NickHall
shaun 30
James Green
dan
ricky
Anthony
Dean
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Levels of Power   Levels of Power EmptyFri 1 Oct - 13:00

I was thinking yesterday about the Different levels in power that people have..

For instance say theres a scale of between 1 and 1000 with a normal off the street guy at 1 and john brzenk at 1000 where do we all fit in ????? its hard to comprehend the power of someone stronger than you because we can only judge people similar or not as strong as ourselves..

Back to top Go down
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Levels of Power   Levels of Power EmptyFri 1 Oct - 14:06

Dean wrote:

For instance say theres a scale of between 1 and 1000 with a normal off the street guy at 1 and john brzenk at 1000 where do we all fit in ?????

I'm about level 1.2

...is that Brzenk fella any good then?
Back to top Go down
ricky
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
ricky

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Levels of Power   Levels of Power EmptyFri 1 Oct - 14:55

Wow your a 1.2? that must mean I'm a 1.1 that's 0.1 better than i thought!!!
Back to top Go down

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Levels of Power   Levels of Power EmptyFri 1 Oct - 17:12

lol! It's hard to judge since we have no idea of what is average.
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Levels of Power   Levels of Power EmptyFri 1 Oct - 22:35

Having had the oportunity to pull John, i think i come in somewhere just over the half way mark, which is still a huge way off, if I could reach even 80% of John then i'd be happy
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Levels of Power   Levels of Power EmptyFri 1 Oct - 22:53

Heres what im trying to get across... if a normal guy is 1... and john brzenk is 1000... is someone like Andy barker 50 ( making Dan somewhere a bit under that ) ? or 500 ?? im trying to work out just how strong brzenk is..
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Levels of Power   Levels of Power EmptyFri 1 Oct - 22:59

Let's put it in football terms, Brzenk is premier league, we're mostly N-Power league 1. with a few of the British team in the Championship. Scottish Premier League is not included cos that's the equivelent of womens football lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
James Green
pro
pro
James Green

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Levels of Power   Levels of Power EmptyFri 1 Oct - 23:04

Not the Vauxhall Conference..... lol!
Back to top Go down

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Levels of Power   Levels of Power EmptySat 2 Oct - 12:09

If the average person is 1 and Brzenk is 1000, than it's more realistic to say Andy is 350
and Dan is 200.
I would put myself about 175.
As for football, they're all over-rated, over paid, diving, little girls on the pitch who
are a joke.
I've got better things to spend my money and time on.
Back to top Go down
shaun 30

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Levels of Power   Levels of Power EmptySun 3 Oct - 2:30

So you think that John is over 3 x as strong as Andy Barker(in armwrestling terms). I struggle with this rationale actually.i know its not the same thing but if i compare my own lifts in various excercises lets say the powerlifts for example the strongest human in the world can do 2 to 2.5 x what i can. i am talking raw lifting here not equpped. ie Bench press
330lbs me, 713lbs World record, deadlift 500 me /1013? -andy bolton World record. Sorry its in lbs but im an old git and struggle with kilos.i am not even nationally competative as a powerlifter at my bodyweight(85 -95 kg) whereas Mr Barker is presumably one of the best in uk at his weight(please excuse my ignorance Andy) in Armwrestling. I cant believe best armwrestler in world is over 3x as powerful. I think it is much closer than this.
For example Craig could give most of our heavyweights a pretty good match couldnt he? Didnt Neil gave Mr todd a good match and isnt he in top world 10 ? so cant believe for example that John brzenk is even twice as powerful as say craig sanders but as i am not a competative armwrestler i may be talking absolute crap . im sure one of the more experienced guys could chime in here but i think if you are nationally competative (and i have not factored in bodyweight here at all either!) your gonna be up in the 600 + region on a scale like youv described Dean.
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Levels of Power   Levels of Power EmptySun 3 Oct - 9:00

neil or paul are the ones to ask about this...

level of strength are different in everyone...

john brzenk armwrestling strength is off the chart...

Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Levels of Power   Levels of Power EmptySun 3 Oct - 9:17

armwrestling strenght is different to weight training

i know lads in the gym that can lift mega weights but i can beat them easy on the armwrestling table
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
Martin
Valued member
Valued member
Martin

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Levels of Power   Levels of Power EmptySun 3 Oct - 9:40

All I can say is that when I gripped up with John B at Seni 08 ( training of course ), his hand power was unbelievable, this also goes for his wrist and arm. But not only this, he knows exactly when and how to use it !!!!

Martin.
Back to top Go down
shaun 30

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Levels of Power   Levels of Power EmptySun 3 Oct - 12:54

Nick I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I used weight training as a comparison because the question was about power. I was trying to illustrate the difference in relative strengths between a non competitive athlete weight trainer (me) and worlds strongest (best).I am not saying there is any correlation to strength in armwrestling.I also know guys in my gym who are nationally competitive powerlifters and strongmen but aint very good arm wrestlers, though a couple soon might be.
Obviously you believe the range of power between athletes to be much greater in arm wrestling and you may well be right,perhaps Neil or Paul will chime in soon. Martin, gripping up with john brzenk when he is so much more powerful than you will tell you nothing about how much stronger he is than you ,only that he is much stronger. If you gripped up with say a slightly less strong athlete (Rob vigeant jr) for example, would you be able to tell the diference? I don’t know but unless you are close to their power levels I think not.
Back to top Go down

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Levels of Power   Levels of Power EmptySun 3 Oct - 18:39

Shaun obviously were talking about arm wrestling since this is an arm wrestling forum and
the heading is under ARM WRESTLING CHAT.
In answer to your question "do i think that John is three times stronger then Andy" the
answer is HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know that Andy wouldn't see this as disrespectful.
John Brzenk simply is the greatest arm wrestler of ALL TIME!
Weight lifting is not an issue here, John isn't a weight lifter nor is Andy.
As for Craig giving the heavy weights a good match, do you think he'd still give them
a good match on the world circuit?????????????? PLEASE!!!!!!
You also mentioned Neil giving Michael Todd a great match at Arm Wars when Michael
is ranked in the top 10 in the world!!!!!!!
WHO DO YOU THINK NEIL IS??????????????????
Don't forget, unless you didn't already know that Neil is a two time world champion
and the MOST decorated arm wrestler this country has EVER produced.
Back to top Go down
StevieCha

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Levels of Power   Levels of Power EmptySun 3 Oct - 19:36

I would have thought that power and strength would go hand in hand and these are inlaid into human genetics, Im new to the forum so dont know the guys you mentioned in your msg but I would imagine that these dudes are pretty strong naturally if they dont weight lift. Although I cant see someone being a serious contender in this sport without weight lifting no matter how good your genetics are.
Back to top Go down
paul mortimer
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Levels of Power   Levels of Power EmptySun 3 Oct - 21:27

u cant truely no where alot of these elite monsters are at on any given month because sadly the sport is so riddled with growth hormone and steroids,if andy and neil were willing to wreck there bodys no doubt they would be challenging and beating lilliev and other guys of this calaber
Back to top Go down
StevieCha

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Levels of Power   Levels of Power EmptySun 3 Oct - 21:48

paul mortimer wrote:
u cant truely no where alot of these elite monsters are at on any given month because sadly the sport is so riddled with growth hormone and steroids,if andy and neil were willing to wreck there bodys no doubt they would be challenging and beating lilliev and other guys of this calaber

Is this common place in arm wrestling?
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Levels of Power   Levels of Power EmptySun 3 Oct - 22:00

StevieCha wrote:
paul mortimer wrote:

I wouldnt say so in the Uk... therell be a few who have done, but not that many.
Back to top Go down

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Levels of Power   Levels of Power EmptyMon 4 Oct - 6:35

StevieCha wrote:

Once you go further afield though you'll come across it more often.
Check out some of the vids on you tube and decide for yourself.
Back to top Go down
shaun 30

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Levels of Power   Levels of Power EmptyMon 4 Oct - 12:51

steroids are prevailent in all strength sports and have been for some considerable time now, however growth is nowhere near as widely used if for no other reason than cost .its bloody expensive.however i think majority(if not all) of top(elite) bodybuilders use it(its untoward effects are quite apparent if abused) and it is used by a lot of the top strongman competitors. id be surprised if many armwrestlers took growth ,with one or two obvious exceptions but wouldnt be at all surprised if anabolic hormones were prevailent and commonly used.
Back to top Go down
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Levels of Power   Levels of Power EmptyMon 4 Oct - 14:31

Hi
Gents
Well firstly id have to say double anybodys strength is almost impossible especially in the lifting game,as Shaun has pointed out!!!
ive learned threw my years of pulling that even tho ive felt light years away from certain pullers ive really only been a few % away and acheived beating them the my next cycle of supplements for example,there are so many variables in the sport to really figure were about everybody would sit in a table of just AW strength but i wouldnt think John would sit at the top,but all that depends on what we mean as strength as we all no AW strength includes hand,wrist,bicep,tricep,shoulder and lat and all these can be used individally against 1 move or another,and if the arm is quite simlar in strength but 1 guy has a much stronger h+w then he can make the guy very simlar in arm strength seem weaker than he really is and this is were class of styles comes into play and why we have topers,hookers and pressers.then we can say ok who is stronger at toprolling well again this factors in many ways postion of the h+w arm,shoulder who is faster??? its a subject that we can chat about and never really no the answer has we dont have a machine availble that can monitor the pressure we can apply.armwrestling is about angles and a smart brain to no the angles and symetry of a puller and apply your power in the areas which will make him weak thus its a very hard sport to judge by strength alone and then theres the expolsive power but i hope ive coverd the point study

Has far as supplements i train with some very good sportsman and steroids is part of there game but taking them alone doesnt create people into monsters instantly training.food and rest are the key ingredients for sucess in any sport and if infact the vast majority of closet takers do take them then doesnt the field level out and still the best man wins? or are we forgetting the words dream it,beilive it acheive it flower
Back to top Go down
paul mortimer
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Levels of Power   Levels of Power EmptyMon 4 Oct - 17:24

hey paul ye i agree on ur post ,but as 4 creating a level playing field i disagree ,if u get 2 quality armwrestlers who plan on going 2 a big comp in november,1 only does a cycle just before the comp and the other has done 1 in march or watever then another in summer then 1 before comp who has the advantage also dosages things like that ,stacking growth hormone with steroids it would be a huge advantage to an otherwise strong and tecknical person anyway,but ye for sure you need way more than just gear to get 2 the top, Cool
Back to top Go down
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Levels of Power   Levels of Power EmptyMon 4 Oct - 18:09

H Paul
With all respect and without the risk of knowing to much,you wouldnt get 2 men who were competing at the same event raking gear at diffrent times maybe someone would stay on longer but both would try and peak for the event,plus growth can be used in 2 diffrent ways by going into the muscle or the fat cells both working diffrently as for the effects of growth then if your lucky it may work for you,eat carbs wrong at the wrong time kills your growth,not taken at right times gives you minmal gains and well the tendon growth is not really true as more forms of growth is sinthetic and not from the glads of humans nor pig which was used a while back which did cause growths of fingers,toes etc lol,don't forget growth is a full range of amino acids and most part of the amino acid profile help with repair of sketal tissue like tendons which is around %60 of the body
Back to top Go down
paul mortimer
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Levels of Power   Levels of Power EmptyMon 4 Oct - 19:10

ye true Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Levels of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Levels of Power   Levels of Power Empty

Back to top Go down