U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

when's british novice ?

Go down 
+8
Marvin
devilman mcf
leo
Donald Fraser
Martin
NickHall
KING EDWARD
daz
12 posters
AuthorMessage
daz
Valued member
Valued member
daz

when's british novice ? Empty
PostSubject: when's british novice ?   when's british novice ? EmptySat 11 Sep - 14:36

is there a british novice championship's this year ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: when's british novice ?   when's british novice ? EmptySat 11 Sep - 23:06

Neils the only one who can respond but i hope so.
I want Stephen and Leo to pull as many comps as possible this year
before we close 2010. Cool
Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: when's british novice ?   when's british novice ? EmptySun 12 Sep - 10:27

It had always been my intention not to run The British Novice Championships this year til after The BAF British Nationals.

Largely due to the fact that I believe that due to the spread of experience across the current crop of emerging UK athletes, there had been a serious blurring of the boundaries between Pro and Novice with guys like Charlie Twigg and Matt Preston showing up to pull at last years event.

I'd then actually intended to put something together potentially in the second week in November ie. Saturday 13th or Sunday 14th as per the calendar, as that is the only viable date available and I had been approaching venues with this date in mind, until I read on here that Nick had an event scheduled for the week of November the 27th.

I had then not wanted too (and I still don't want to create a clash with Nick's ROSSENDALE RAMPAGE event)

Plus around the same time as I was ready to secure the venue and I am going to be brutally honest here, my own personal motivation to promote ANY type of B.A.F. event was pretty much floored, due to the comments of a couple of individuals on this forum and I did / have SERIOUSLY started to question who's fool am I and have considered just walking away from the whole BAF Amateur Armwrestling scene, letting the lads that believe they can do much better have a crack.

For me these guys (the ones who are most vocal) are as yet unproven and I would advise them to initially gather their own experience in ACTUALLY running events themselves over a year of two and get some wool on their backs in that area. There must be a realization that otherwise they could actually do far more harm than good as the BAF chocolate isn't as tasty as it looks when its in the wrapper. I have actively encouraged the regional shows and the practical experience that they would afford. I have also watched intently for the number of individual responses from active UK Armwrestlers on this forum compared to those with whom I have already spoken or from whom I have received personal correspondence. There has been only a handful of those at best.

Since the questions were raised on this forum I've received a great deal of support from people (REAL ARMWRESTLERS) who do seem to have some idea of what I try to do and that made me pause and re assess matters.

At the moment I don't fully understand my own views, I do know that I don't want to do a job that people don't want me to do ! definately not ! but from what I can see, read, there actually only appears to be only a tiny handful of guys who claim to be unhappy with the manner in which the BAF is progressing, two of whom by their own admission are totally inexperienced non Armwrestlers and who's primary motivations for complaining were actually unjustified and totally unsubstantiated.

So I really don't know where things stand with the British Novice Event at the moment, as I've actively backed away from my efforts to secure a venue for the 13th or 14th of November.

Its really up in the air at the moment for me, my motivation has definately been given a Bullet.

I'd be Happy to run the event on that weekend for the lads like Daz, Stephen and Leo, Al and all the Panthers Lads (who I remain very motivated about) IF you guys want me to then I will do so !? BUT I don't want to cut across Nick Hall's event as that is pointless and totally counter productive.

I'd like to initially get a feel for how many Guys would have the intension of pulling that weekend ? and who they are exactly so that I could identify the extent of a clash with lads potentially pulling at Nick's show.

If there is no issue then we can look at the 13th or 14th of November

Regards

Neil Wink
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: when's british novice ?   when's british novice ? EmptySun 12 Sep - 11:20

confirmed matches

right arm

mark clay v james green
peter henderson v stan dickenson
martin v andy wallis
chris rimmer v rob meekin
dean scarbrook v ted wilson
paul maiden v gary ricketts
adrian maguire v darren taylor
keith taylor v leon macey

left arm

jason caveman v andy wallis
peter henderson v leon macey
dean scarsbrook v mark clay
paul maiden v gary ricketts

there a few novice lads pulling at rampage but i understand if you want to pull at the british novice let me & neil know

i can change a few matches around

who wants to pull at the british novice Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: when's british novice ?   when's british novice ? EmptySun 12 Sep - 12:08

The whole point of promoting and trying to encourage young athletes to
pursue arm wrestling is to inevitably give them the opportunity to pull
at the british novice championship with the dream of one day turning pro.
It is for that reason my novices have been training alongside me Evil or Very Mad
pushing themselves to breaking point to keep up with me. Evil or Very Mad
I have seen the rapid progress they have made in this regard and it
would be criminal to rob them of the opportunity to compete.
Neil's actions with regard to individuals pulling novice when they clearly
are not and his response to the slanderous comments are totally justified
and a normal human reaction.
If my own matches at 'The Rampage' prohibit any novices from taking part
in the british, i am more than willing to step back.
Back to top Go down
Martin
Valued member
Valued member
Martin

PostSubject: Re: when's british novice ?   when's british novice ? EmptySun 12 Sep - 12:51

Hi Nick,

I can only speak for myself and not for Jason, but I am committed to pull at your Rampage on the 27th Nov. I will get Jason to let you know either way, but I believe he will commit also to the Rampage.

Cheers,
Martin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: when's british novice ?   when's british novice ? EmptySun 12 Sep - 13:19

We're all committed to the Rampag pal, if Nick can juggle certain matches
then great but all the novices across the board shouldn't suffer as a
result of a few who can't make it.
Back to top Go down
Donald Fraser
Silver Member
Silver Member
Donald Fraser

PostSubject: Re: when's british novice ?   when's british novice ? EmptySun 12 Sep - 13:55

I would like to pull at the British Novice cheers -100
Back to top Go down
leo

leo

PostSubject: Re: when's british novice ?   when's british novice ? EmptySun 12 Sep - 17:09

I've been training towards this and not to have a novice comp
would be taking away my goal for this year.
Back to top Go down
devilman mcf
Silver Member
Silver Member
devilman mcf

PostSubject: Re: when's british novice ?   when's british novice ? EmptySun 12 Sep - 18:25

ive also been training hard for this comp putting in the time and effort on a sunday which is my only day off might i add how am i supposed to develop if no novice comps are around i want to grow and find my way but im never gonna get there without other novices to pull against so come show your support novices get your posts in we wanna pull to cheers all the best neil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Marvin
pro
pro
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: when's british novice ?   when's british novice ? EmptySun 12 Sep - 19:56

I've got some novices ,who are extremely hungry to
show there stuff at the-British Novice Champs ..
Back to top Go down
steve harris
pro
pro
steve harris

PostSubject: Re: when's british novice ?   when's british novice ? EmptySun 12 Sep - 21:17

i will be taking part. Wink
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: when's british novice ?   when's british novice ? EmptySun 12 Sep - 22:10

steve harris wrote:

All due respect Steve, with a 3rd place on both arms at the British, i don't think you should be pulling novice anymore, time to leave it for guys who are just getting started. Granted you haven't been pulling for a long time but you can't seriously consider yourself a novice anymore?

Stick to the open class, you'll develop a lot quicker than if you just thrash the new guys.
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: when's british novice ?   when's british novice ? EmptySun 12 Sep - 22:22

dan wrote:
steve harris wrote:

All due respect Steve, with a 3rd place on both arms at the British, i don't think you should be pulling novice anymore, time to leave it for guys who are just getting started. Granted you haven't been pulling for a long time but you can't seriously consider yourself a novice anymore?

Stick to the open class, you'll develop a lot quicker than if you just thrash the new guys.

steve needs to pull a few more novices comps in my eyes before the jump up to the pro's...
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
The Aggressor
pro
pro
The Aggressor

PostSubject: Re: when's british novice ?   when's british novice ? EmptySun 12 Sep - 22:31

I will pull
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: when's british novice ?   when's british novice ? EmptySun 12 Sep - 22:40

Nick wrote:
steve needs to pull a few more novices comps in my eyes before the jump up to the pro's...

I concur.
Steve done exceptionally well to get a great result at the nationals but
safety and confidence should be the most important factors here.
He proved to everyone that he has the ability but if he himself still wants
to pull novice, then he shouldn't be pressured otherwise.
After all he has been pulling less than 1 year.
Back to top Go down
THE POWER
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: when's british novice ?   when's british novice ? EmptyMon 13 Sep - 21:15

Its looking like this will be a good comp if it goes ahead. I'd come down to watch and get a good pub munch What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: when's british novice ?   when's british novice ? EmptyMon 13 Sep - 21:56

Well said m8, even if my guys weren't pulling i'd still be there giving
my support.
Back to top Go down
The Aggressor
pro
pro
The Aggressor

PostSubject: Re: when's british novice ?   when's british novice ? EmptyTue 14 Sep - 12:14

Looks like there are a few people up for it bring it on !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: when's british novice ?   when's british novice ? Empty

Back to top Go down

when's british novice ?
Page 1 of 1