U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Money or trophys???

Go down 
+8
Baz K
Dean
Leon
James Green
dan
the machine
paul mortimer
MIGHTY PAUL
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

Money or trophys??? Empty
PostSubject: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? EmptyFri 3 Sep - 12:22

After shooting the shit with numerous pullers at the weekend a few would lie a pennys comp,i would like a few quid but iam a sucker for a nice trophy to,but i could settle for a cheap medal and £100 haha,

this is a serious question and i would like postive answers has it could have bearing on RAMPAGE 4 held in my uncles cons club,also weight classes you would like to see?

prize money paid to what postion?

times?

days? blah blah blah

Also would you like see left and right points combined to decide overall place?
Back to top Go down
paul mortimer
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

PostSubject: Re: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? EmptyFri 3 Sep - 16:41

hey paul i think for supermaches both guys should stump up 100 quid each or 50 quid something like that and winner takes all could be a good way for armwrestlers to make some money
Back to top Go down
the machine
pro
pro
the machine

PostSubject: Re: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? EmptyFri 3 Sep - 18:05

or loose some money Laughing lol
Back to top Go down
paul mortimer
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

PostSubject: Re: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? EmptyFri 3 Sep - 18:20

lol ye true but i spose if uv got it to put down u could afford to lose it,nyway u aint got nothing to worry bout tom wif ur hit Smile
Back to top Go down
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

PostSubject: Re: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? EmptyFri 3 Sep - 20:21

Hi Paul

this comp will be a weight class comp were as all the money put in by the pullers will go back in the pockets of the pullers myself and nick need to see whats what and then details will follow shortly Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? EmptyFri 3 Sep - 20:54

Paul Mortimer wrote:
hey paul i think for supermaches both guys should stump up 100 quid each or 50 quid something like that and winner takes all could be a good way for armwrestlers to make some money

M8, that's called gambling. Wink
Money would be nice and a support to the guys, especially if they've
spent a decent amount to travel in the first place. Laughing
Recompence or Trophy Hmmmm
I like my silverware to be honest, actually am thinking of putting a
new shelve in my gym just for to accommodate them hahaha.
Seriously though,why not both Question
A trophy and **CA-CHING** for the winners and medals for 2nd and 3rd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? EmptyFri 3 Sep - 21:03

Besides i could put 100 quid down on a horse and not have leave Glasgow. scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? EmptyFri 3 Sep - 21:05

Paul Mortimer wrote:
lol ye true but i spose if uv got it to put down u could afford to lose it,nyway u aint got nothing to worry bout tom wif ur hit.

And if cash is a problem (as it it as for most) you've got no comp. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? EmptyFri 3 Sep - 22:32

For me personally i would like some cash, trophies don't pay the bills lol! But there could be a trophy for overall winner as well as cash.
Weight classes i think for domestic comps should be set at 2 kg above the classes at the British so you only have to diet for 1 major comp.
so 67, 72, 77, 82, 87, 92, 102 and over 102.
Back to top Go down
James Green
pro
pro
James Green

PostSubject: Re: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? EmptyFri 3 Sep - 22:55

Money would be good, but it has to be trophies all the way for me... A far better accolade and recognition.
Back to top Go down
the machine
pro
pro
the machine

PostSubject: Re: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? EmptyFri 3 Sep - 23:21

i think trophies and money sound like a good idea.

maybe like for each wrestle in the competition you have the 2 competitors bet say £5 against each other in all your matches. if you loose the first 2 matches your only £10 down. and the further you reach in the competition the more money you get and it all works out in a fair order too as the winner will obviously have won the most matches so he will come out with the most money. and 2nd place will win 2nd most amount and so on..the more competitors in a class the bigger the money. if you win if you get to say £30 in the competition then you loose your next 2 match will make you still leaving the competition with £20. hope i have explained it good enough for everyone. thats just my idea. what do you think? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Leon
Gold member
Gold member

PostSubject: Re: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? EmptyFri 3 Sep - 23:52

I'm sure Craig would love this idea Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? EmptySat 4 Sep - 0:51

I'm sure he would, he's in the best position to benefit.
Dan i don't think 2 kg's difference would be of benefit to anyone?
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? EmptySat 4 Sep - 10:53

God of War wrote:
I'm sure he would, he's in the best position to benefit.
Dan i don't think 2 kg's difference would be of benefit to anyone?

The reason i suggest a 2kg difference is because a lot of guys walk round at 2-3kg over the weight they compete at in the British and it just means you don't have to constantly diet for every single event going, which means that we could get constant turnouts in the classes instead of (for example) having half the 70kg class pulling 75's because they walk around at 72kg leaving only 2-3 to pull 70.

Dean and Ted are good examples of this. Dean usually weighs 67-68 and the same as Ted.
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? EmptySat 4 Sep - 11:01

Very True dan
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? EmptySat 4 Sep - 11:03

Good Ideas tom, i like the sound of that so i can win back my 20 quid Baz knowles took off me when i first started... I havnt forgot Baz .... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Baz K
pro
pro
Baz K

PostSubject: Re: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? EmptySat 4 Sep - 11:44

hahaha... dean, i will be wanting some good odds for that match Smile
Back to top Go down
stan
pro
pro
stan

PostSubject: Re: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? EmptySat 4 Sep - 17:25

The only trouble with money it would attract the wroung people and a lot of injurys will accrue.

If it was just you entery fee back plus a small trophy I think it would stay safe Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? EmptySat 4 Sep - 17:43

Dan wrote:
The reason i suggest a 2kg difference is because a lot of guys walk round at 2-3kg over the weight they compete at in the British and it just means you don't have to constantly diet for every single event going, which means that we could get constant turnouts in the classes instead of (for example) having half the 70kg class pulling 75's because they walk around at 72kg leaving only 2-3 to pull 70.Dean and Ted are good examples of this. Dean usually weighs 67-68 and the same as Ted.

Then there's a simpler solution m8, DON'T DIET Exclamation
Pull your natural class, when your at your strongest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? EmptySat 4 Sep - 17:52

Wise words Stan.
I agree, safety should be paramount. afro
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? EmptySat 4 Sep - 18:07

God of War wrote:
Dan wrote:
The reason i suggest a 2kg difference is because a lot of guys walk round at 2-3kg over the weight they compete at in the British and it just means you don't have to constantly diet for every single event going, which means that we could get constant turnouts in the classes instead of (for example) having half the 70kg class pulling 75's because they walk around at 72kg leaving only 2-3 to pull 70.Dean and Ted are good examples of this. Dean usually weighs 67-68 and the same as Ted.

Then there's a simpler solution m8, DON'T DIET Exclamation
Pull your natural class, when your at your strongest.

I'm more competitive at a lower weight, however i do want to eat crap every now and then and go for a few drinks. I'd have to knock that on the head permanantly if i wanted to stay at or just below 90kg all the time, as you said to me last weekend, you don't diet and yet you made 85's easy unfortunaly i'm not that lucky and have to pretty much live on my cross trainer to maintain a decent condition. My idea stems from something i have seen in Sweden where they pull a little over worlds weight and it works well there.
Back to top Go down
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

PostSubject: Re: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? EmptySat 4 Sep - 19:07

Thats a good idea Dan but i would use the old system of 67,73,78,86,95,105,105+ its a class less then worlds or british and allows a little bit more for the bigger lads who carry more fat+fluid or even cut the 105 class and go with 6 stacked weights scratch alot of the european countrys still use that format and Zloty uses those weights adding 63 and no 105s sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? EmptySat 4 Sep - 19:53

Dan i can appreciate where your coming from m8.
Maybe you should intensify your routine, that way you can still eat as
much crap as you like.
It's not dieting that's important pal, it's training.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? EmptySat 4 Sep - 19:56

Paul you have a far superior understanding of the history of the sport
than i do.
Why exactly is it an old system Question
Back to top Go down
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

PostSubject: Re: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? EmptySat 4 Sep - 20:01

T was the European weights for a while the EAF it was still this when I competed in euros in 2003, not to sure if waf used it at 1 time and I no the other worlds organisation uses it to, so does the aaa in USA and many countrys still do

Last edited by paul maiden on Sat 4 Sep - 20:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Money or trophys???   Money or trophys??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Money or trophys???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next