U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

protein question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

protein question Empty
PostSubject: protein question   protein question EmptyFri 3 Oct - 20:21

Thanks Nick,
Been hitting the grippers and hammer curls alot, not really sure my diet is right at the moment though. To build muscle I understand that 2-2.5g of protien per KG of Body Weight is ideal, thinking about it, I am nowhere close to that most days. What would you advise I start eating more of? ................this is a question off fred... coombsfh..........

Last edited by NickHall on Fri 3 Oct - 20:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

protein question Empty
PostSubject: Re: protein question   protein question EmptyFri 3 Oct - 20:25

Hey coombsfh, It's difficult to get that much protein from lean sources without using supplements, if it's muscle mass you want to build you need to consume 3500 calories more per week than you burn off to gain 1lb of muscle, they need to be clean calories though. I suggest getting yourself some all in one protein powder with a good mix of carbs, protein, glutamine and creatine. I recommend PHD's Synergy. Go to http://monstersupplements.com/store/frontpage-lang-1.html for some great discounts. It's a real mission but you need to consume protein at least every 2.5-3 hours during the day to keep tour body in a positive nitrogen balance, meaning that your muscles will always have a source of protein to feed from and won't break down. The added advantage is that you will drop body fat as this happens because it takes more calories to break down protein than any other food source. I personally use PHD Pharma Whey 3 times a day and Synergy after i train. I also eat 3 -4 times a day with protein in every meal. good luck with the training.

Dans reply.........i have moved this to the main page so more of you will see it ..............nick
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

protein question Empty
PostSubject: Re: protein question   protein question EmptySun 5 Oct - 18:56

i eat well but i dont eat any crap,i have a protein shake every time i train.maybe some of the other lads on here can help you out fred Wink
Back to top Go down

protein question Empty
PostSubject: Re: protein question   protein question EmptyWed 21 Oct - 11:38

You've pretty much hit the nail and the head with this one Nick. I take a protein shake before and after training, after my main meal and before going to sleep. The shake taken before training contains creatine, the shake taken after contains creatine and glutamine, the shake taken after my main meal is just protein and the shake taken before going to sleep contains glutamine. It's important not to overdo the amount of creatine and glutamine you intake as miss use can have adverse effects. I take creatine one week on one week off. Glutamine must only be taken after training and before going to sleep for maximum results.
Make sure it is Whey protein you use as the body will break this down easier.
Nick you said you had moved this to the main page. What heading is it under, i'd like to see how others use their supplements. afro
Back to top Go down
Leon
Gold member
Gold member

protein question Empty
PostSubject: Re: protein question   protein question EmptyWed 21 Oct - 14:18

God of War wrote:
You've pretty much hit the nail and the head with this one Nick. I take a protein shake before and after training, after my main meal and before going to sleep. The shake taken before training contains creatine, the shake taken after contains creatine and glutamine, the shake taken after my main meal is just protein and the shake taken before going to sleep contains glutamine. It's important not to overdo the amount of creatine and glutamine you intake as miss use can have adverse effects. I take creatine one week on one week off. Glutamine must only be taken after training and before going to sleep for maximum results.
Make sure it is Whey protein you use as the body will break this down easier.
Nick you said you had moved this to the main page. What heading is it under, i'd like to see how others use their supplements. afro

Do you find any benefit at all from Glutamine? I'm still undecided about Creatine, in the past it used to make me gain water weight and I'd feel correspondingly stronger but these days it does practically nothing....

One thing I'd advise to anyone training hard would be some fast digesting carbs (maltodextrin etc) in their post workout shake, it will likely make a difference to your training in the long term - it certainly does for me. Even if you're cutting, bear in mind carbs eaten after a workout will mainly replace glycocen and go towards muscle building and will not make you fat.
Back to top Go down

protein question Empty
PostSubject: Re: protein question   protein question EmptyWed 21 Oct - 16:28

I find that if your body can produce more natural proteins then your growth rate is greatly improved. Glutamine as you know is one of the main amino's which helps your body produce this natural, steady supply of protein. Although protein shakes are an immediately solution to giving your body the protein it needs, your body will still require a steady supply of protein after that source has depleted in your system as well as on through the night. Also when your body produces proteins it does so at a rate which it can best make use of them, therefore less of these proteins are wasted. With a shake your body can only cope with a certain amount of protein in any given time, therefore there is some degree of waste. afro
Back to top Go down

protein question Empty
PostSubject: Re: protein question   protein question EmptyWed 21 Oct - 16:42

I have found creatine to be very useful in my training routine as it helps the body disperse it's energy supply at a balanced rate. (CREATINE DOES NOT GIVE YOU MORE ENERGY) It also helps the body to rcover at an increased rate, allowing you to train harder for longer. I have heard people report that creatine use has caused them to gain more water, however, i have never encountered this personally. With that in mind it's important to note that creatine is designed to be used when training with high reps and at a fast pace, NOT for building power or doing static holds. The body's metabolism must be at a high level during training for it to properly use and dispose of the creatine in it's system. That's why it is recommended that when using creatine it should be done a few weeks on and a few weeks off. afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

protein question Empty
PostSubject: Re: protein question   protein question Empty

Back to top Go down

protein question
Page 1 of 1