U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fund raising ideas...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

Fund raising ideas... Empty
PostSubject: Fund raising ideas...   Fund raising ideas... EmptyMon 16 Nov - 15:07

As you know, MKAF are going to be paying for 4 members hotel fees for the world's next year. We will have the money for this from a local grant, mberships and weekly training sessions but I would like more money to be able to take club members to other comps in the uk and abroard such as Rochfort.

Do you have any fund raiser ideas that clubs in the uk can adopt to improve their clubs?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fund raising ideas...   Fund raising ideas... EmptyMon 16 Nov - 16:19

With all the different tournaments being held throughout the year, why not an a.w. league both at novice and pro level.
Season winners taking the title and prize fund which could be acquired by banking all proceeds from each event throughout the year.
Pretty much the way the football leagues are structured but of course not necessarily every week since less people are invoved.
This could give club members the insentive to do well and help prepare themselves for the national events.
With the banks being involved in an annual league like this they're would be more opportunity for investment, loans and of course the banks would see their share with interest, unless of course the fat cats running the banks decide to screw people over again. afro
Back to top Go down
jimmy savel
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: Fund raising ideas...   Fund raising ideas... EmptyMon 16 Nov - 16:50

every puller in the country pay £20 a quater £80 a year and then hold a raffle with every pullers membership number on draw it say at the new year cup and the winners can choose which comp to attend... this gives the best and the upcoming a chance for a free trip,hence keeping the new blood interested coming threw Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fund raising ideas...   Fund raising ideas... EmptyWed 18 Nov - 0:42

Highland games.
A great way to find new talent, promote and create awareness and make money.
What events take place south of the border that could be similar in nature Question Question afro
Back to top Go down
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: Fund raising ideas...   Fund raising ideas... EmptyWed 18 Nov - 11:05

Brilliant ideas! I'll think about which ones we can impliment here. I like the sound of the Highland Games Mark! This could be a lot of fun, raise some money and bring new talent into armwrestling. Do you have any contacts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fund raising ideas...   Fund raising ideas... EmptyWed 18 Nov - 13:49

Many games are held throughout the year Steve at different locations.
Generally the games themselves are organised by the relative councils for each area.
I know Davie Scott has promoted the sport annually in his local highland games but there's so many games being held across the country which have still to be approached.
Owen (obk) may have some more info that would help, but this is definitely an area that has not been fully explored.
I'll ask around and see wht kind of feed back i get, it's also worth checking online since most councils have websites. afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fund raising ideas...   Fund raising ideas... Empty

Back to top Go down

Fund raising ideas...
Page 1 of 1