U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002 Empty
PostSubject: craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002   craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002 EmptyWed 7 Oct - 21:06

Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002   craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002 EmptyWed 7 Oct - 21:54

Great pull between Sanders and Girard, i see Girard likes to post his arm, works well for him here but doubt Craig would be as easy to pull now. afro
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002   craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002 EmptyWed 7 Oct - 21:55

pascal beat craig this year at arm wars...
Back to top Go down
Leon
Gold member
Gold member

PostSubject: Re: craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002   craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002 EmptyThu 8 Oct - 0:00

6-0 wasn't it?

According to people on other forums (this is me repeating what I've read, I genuinely don't know if this is true) Pascal now has some kind of "bone lock" due to damage his arm has suffered from arm wrestling, apparently similar to Michael Todd / Crazy George - so he can simply do a static hold in this lock position, meaning you'd need ridiculous power to pin him. If you watch some of his matches, like the 7 minute one it kinda makes sense...

Actually this match posted above looks quite similar to the ones at arm wars Imo.
Back to top Go down
joanne
World Champion
World Champion
joanne

PostSubject: Re: craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002   craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002 EmptyThu 8 Oct - 0:04

yes 6-0 was disapointing but pascal is a complete monster! 2nd in euros and worlds.. not bad
Back to top Go down
http://joannethehitwomanpoole.blogspot.com
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002   craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002 EmptyThu 8 Oct - 9:40

the 6-0 result gives you no idea of what a long, superb, and actually very close match that it was. i was out the back when they came off stage and they were both absolutely drained to the max
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002   craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002 EmptyThu 8 Oct - 11:31

Fair play to Pascal, is it true what Leon said about his bones locking? I know it happens with Michael Todd but in his case i thought it just prevented him from straightening his arm. Didn't realise they could use it to their advantage. afro
Back to top Go down
Leon
Gold member
Gold member

PostSubject: Re: craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002   craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002 EmptyThu 8 Oct - 14:37

God of War wrote:
Fair play to Pascal, is it true what Leon said about his bones locking? I know it happens with Michael Todd but in his case i thought it just prevented him from straightening his arm. Didn't realise they could use it to their advantage. afro

apparently that's the entire point, you can just hang back ( i.e backpressure style move just using bodyweight) and your arm won't open
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002   craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002 EmptyThu 8 Oct - 16:31

So he's basically using the arm in a sea-saw effect. That's gonna take a hell of a lot of force to move his body weight. afro
Back to top Go down
Leon
Gold member
Gold member

PostSubject: Re: craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002   craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002 EmptyThu 8 Oct - 16:43

Exactamundo. Craig was really giving it some in the match, it was intense to say the least!
Back to top Go down
joanne
World Champion
World Champion
joanne

PostSubject: Re: craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002   craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002 EmptyThu 8 Oct - 17:44

i'm not sure what he does but it is amazing! u will never see him tight to his arm just had that incredible back pressure! a lot of static holds helps that look move
Back to top Go down
http://joannethehitwomanpoole.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002   craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002 EmptyThu 8 Oct - 18:00

As Leon explained Jo, Pascal can't straighten his arm so although i'm sure he does statics, he doesn't need to be concerned with someone pinning him with a straight arm. He just leans back and uses back pressure like you said. afro
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002   craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002 EmptyThu 8 Oct - 21:21

crazy george from canada is the same....with his arm locking....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002   craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002 Empty

Back to top Go down

craig sanders v pascal girard arm wars 2002
Page 1 of 1